‘This idea that decisions are made based on lots of rational facts is wrong – you take decisions based on 25 per cent of available facts.’
MARTIN TAYLOR, JOURNALIST AND BUSINESSMAN
This chapter will give you:
- an understanding of how to use emotions as data;
- the distinction between core feelings and behaviours, states and judgements;
- tips for self-soothing; a very effective coping strategy when you feel strong emotions;
- an insight into how to work with each core emotion;
- a five-step method for tuning in to your feelings;
- a process for setting working expectations so that you can create a culture for using emotion;
- tips for dealing with differences and disagreements.
Resolving problems of a personal, ...