"If you think you know everything it takes to attain associate/employee engagement, put yourself to the test. This book provides a holistic approach to engagement that will create the competitive edge required to succeed in this economy."
-- Sharon S. Bilgischer, senior manager, logistics global talent, curriculum and documentation, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
There is clear and mounting evidence that employee engagement keenly correlates to individual, group, and corporate performance in areas such as retention, productivity, customer service, and loyalty. This timely treatment provides a comprehensive framework, language, and process that genuinely connects People strategy with Business strategy. It offers a research-based blueprint for looking at employee engagement with the same regularity and importance as any other aspect of the organization.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Section One - ENGAGEMENT FOUNDATIONS
- Chapter 1 - THE CASE FOR EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT: CONNECTIONS VERSUS TRANSACTIONS
- Chapter 2 - IT’S NOT JUST THE MANAGER, STUPID!
- Chapter 3 - MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE
- Chapter 4 - THANKS FOR THE GIFT
- Chapter 5 - IT BOILS DOWN TO TWO THINGS
Section Two - ENGAGEMENT APPLICATIONS
- Chapter 6 - THEY LOST THE GAME ON TURNOVERS
- Chapter 7 - BRING THEM ON
- Chapter 8 - ENGAGING LEADERS, ENGAGING CULTURES
- Chapter 9 - HOW MUCH CAN YOU BENCH?
- Chapter 10 - WHAT IS YOUR MPV?
- Chapter 11 - EYE OF THE CUSTOMER
- Chapter 12 - REAPING THE REWARDS
- About the Author
- Title: Employee Engagement: A Roadmap for Creating Profits, Optimizing Performance, and Increasing Loyalty
- Release date: August 2009
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9780470388150