Bent Sørensen, one of the world’s leading experts in the field of renewable energy systems, explores the current hurdles to the universal adoption of renewable energy sources and proposes solutions to the current situation in this new inspiring work. He discusses the social, political and economic issues that make sustainability seem like such an attainable goal, and explores the ways through which change can be achieved without loss of welfare.
Even though the author has written several scientific monographs covering the technical issues behind the energy and social transitions mentioned in this book, and bases his conclusions on solid facts and analysis, Sørensen avoids specialist jargon in this text. He therefore addresses scientists and engineers directly involved in sustainable technologies, as well as energy planners and decision makers in industry and government, and also those interested in the direction in which our societies are moving. This book can be a good basis for discussions and debate, whether in academic or in political circles, and may even be used as complementary reading for students in the field of energy generation, implementation, planning, management, markets and policy.
- One of the world’s leading experts in renewable energy systems looks into economic, social and political factors that influence the current state of renewable energy implementation in the world.
- Sørensen examines the reasons why reaching 100% renewable and sustainable energy sources might seem like an unattainable goal, and proposes alternative solutions that would allow the world to proceed towards energy sustainability without losing welfare.
Table of contents
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Resources and Economic Welfare
- Chapter 3: New Paradigms: In Search of a Third Way
- Chapter 4: Specific Issues and Case Narratives
- Chapter 5: Implementation of Sustainable Solutions
- Subject Index
- Title: Energy, Resources and Welfare
- Release date: February 2016
- Publisher(s): Academic Press
- ISBN: 9780128032190
You might also like
Optimization of Manufacturing Systems Using the Internet of Things
Optimization of Manufacturing Systems Using the Internet of Things extends the IoT (Internet of Things) into …
Tribe of Hackers Red Team
Want Red Team offensive advice from the biggest cybersecurity names in the industry? Join our tribe. …
Innovation and Disruption at the Grid’s Edge
Innovation and Disruption at the Grid’s Edge examines the viable developments in peer-to-peer transactions enabled by …
CISM Certified Information Security Manager All-in-One Exam Guide
This effective study guide provides 100% coverage of every topic on the latest version of the …