• Understand tolerance conventions
• Understand the meaning of tolerances
• Learn how to apply tolerances
• Understand geometric tolerances
• Understand positional tolerances
Tolerances define the manufacturing limits for dimensions. All dimensions have tolerances either written directly on the drawing as part of the dimension or implied by a predefined set of standard tolerances that apply to any dimension that does not have a stated tolerance.
This chapter explains general tolerance conventions and how they are applied using SolidWorks. It includes a sample tolerance study and an explanation of standard fits and surface finishes.
There are two methods ...