Chapter 1. Getting Started
• Learn how to create a sketch
• Learn how to create a file/part
• Learn how to create a solid model
• Learn how to edit angular and circular shapes
• Learn how to draw holes
• Learn how to use Sketch tools
• Learn how to change units of a part
SolidWorks is a parametric modeler. A solid modeler uses dimensions, parameters, and relationships to define and drive 3D shapes. Solid modelers make it easy to edit and modify parts as they are constructed. This capability is ideal for creating new designs.
Parametric modelers use dimensions to drive the shapes. For example, to create a line of a defined length, a line is first sketched, and then the length dimension is added. The line ...