• Learn thread terminology and conventions
• Learn how to draw threads
• Learn how to size both internal and external threads
• Learn how to use standard-sized threads
• Learn how to use and size washers, nuts, and setscrews
This chapter explains how to draw threads and washers. It also explains how to select fasteners and how to design using fasteners, washers, and keys.
Threads are created in Inventor using either the Hole or the Thread tool located on the Modify panel under the 3D Model tab. See Figure 6-1. Predrawn fasteners may be accessed using the Content Center tool.
The Content Center library is explained later in the chapter.