Chapter 12. Gears
• Understand the different types of gears: spur, bevel, and worm
• Understand gear terminology
• Learn how to select gears from the Content Center
• Learn how to draw hubs on gears and to add setscrews
• Learn how to draw keyways on gears and to add keys
• Learn how to use gears in assemblies
This chapter explains how to draw gears using the Gear tool located on the Power Transmission panel under the Design tab. Three types of gears are covered: spur, bevel, and worm. See Figure 12-1. The chapter shows how to add hubs and splines to the gears and how to combine gears to create gear trains.
Pitch Diameter (D): The diameter used to define the spacing of gears. ...