Set – 1
I – B.Tech. Supplementary Examinations, Aug/Sep – 2008
(E.E.E, E.C.E, C.S.C, C.S.I.T, E.I.E, B.M.E, E.Con.E, C.S.S.E, E. Tele & E.Com.E)
Time: 3 hours
Max. Marks: 80
Note: Answer any FIVE questions All questions carry equal marks
- Define coordination number and packing factor of a crystal.
- Describe BCC crystal structure, with a suitable example.
- Obtain an expression for the packing factor of FCC structure. (4 + 6 + 6)
- Derive 3-dimensional, time independent Schrodinger wave equation for an electron.
- What is the physical significance of wave function?
- Deduce the expression for energy of an electron confined to a potential box of width ‘x’. (6 + 4 + 6)
- Discuss with suitable ...