Time: 3 hours
Max. Marks: 80
Note: Answer any FIVE questions All questions carry equal marks
- Define coordination number and packing factor of a crystal.
- Describe BCC crystal structure, with a suitable example.
- Obtain an expression for the packing factor of FCC structure. (4 + 6 + 6)
- Derive 3-dimensional, time independent Schrodinger wave equation for an electron.
- What is the physical significance of wave function?
- Deduce the expression for energy of an electron confined to a potential box of width ‘x’. (6 + 4 + 6)
- Discuss with suitable ...