Enhancing Drawings in Photoshop
Before you can enhance a technical drawing in Photoshop, you need to export either an image of an entire drawing or a series of images (one for each layer) from your CAD or BIM program. If you want to jump right into Photoshop and bypass the steps necessary to create the drawing images, this chapter leads you through this process and also provides sample files to get you started.
- Importing drawings as smart objects
- Setting the resolution to match the graphic scale
- Managing and creating patterns
- Applying drawing techniques
- Applying patterns
- Scaling and positioning
- Enhancing stairs
- Adjusting color
- Separating color from pattern
- Creating layers from effects
- Varying lineweight and dropping ...