CHAPTER 5: THE ARCHITECTURE TEAM
The make-up of the team
The size, structure, skills and skillsets of the enterprise architecture team will change – often radically so – at different levels of architecture maturity.
In the more usual ad hoc development sequence, the typical team make-up at each phase would be as follows:
• ‘IT project architecture’ phase
- Size and structure: no formal team – typically a responsibility taken on personally by a project manager or team leader, from necessity, and often without formal authority.
- Skills and skillsets: extensive history and experience in many different aspects of IT, and ability to see relationships between them.
• ‘Enterprise-wide IT architecture’ phase
- Size and structure: explicit ...