Chapter 5. Cloud native development
This chapter covers
- Why is the cloud important?
- What is cloud native development?
- What do you need to deploy your microservice to the cloud?
- How does your application scale in the cloud?
- Can you test your application in the cloud before production?
In this chapter, you’ll extend the admin service from chapter 4, giving it the ability to be deployed to a local cloud environment, and then run tests against the service deployed to that environment.
First, you’ll learn what cloud means and about the cloud providers you have to choose from. You’ll also explore your options for running the cloud on your local machine. After you’ve chosen a type of cloud, you’ll modify the admin service from chapter 4 to deploy ...