This chapter covers
- Introduction to using EF Core in ASP.NET Core
- Using dependency injection in ASP.NET Core
- Accessing the database in ASP.NET Core MVC actions
- Using EF Core migrations to update a database
- Using async/await to improve scalability
In this last chapter of part 1, you’ll pull everything together by using ASP.NET Core to build a real web application. Using ASP.NET Core brings in issues that are outside EF Core, such as dependency injection, which I describe later. But they’re necessary if you’re going to use EF Core in this type of application.
This chapter assumes you’ve read chapters 2 to 4, and know about querying and updating the database and what business logic is. This ...