This chapter covers
- Deciding which performance issues to fix
- Techniques for finding performance issues
- Using patterns that promote good performance
- Finding patterns that cause performance issues
This chapter is the first of two covering performance tuning your database accesses. Covering what, where, and how to improve your EF Core database code, this chapter is divided into three parts:
- Part 1 —Understanding performance, the difference between speed and scalability, deciding what to performance tune, and determining the costs of performance tuning.
- Part 2 —Techniques you can use to find performance issues and the use of EF Core’s logging to help you spot problems.
- Part 3 —A whole range of database access ...