ENVIRONMENT AND ITS COMPONENTS
“The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction
- Familiarize with the different terms and concepts used in environmental management.
- Understand the components of the environment, their relevance and importance for business firms.
- Identify the importance of biodiversity in the cycling of materials as a fundamental process of the preservation of natural environment.
- Appreciate the concept of carrying capacity and ecosystem integrity.
- Understand the ill effects of altered material cycling processes, in the form of acid rains, eutrophication, global warming and pollution.