DIMENSIONS OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
“The development, strengthening and multiplication of socially minded business is the central problem of business
—Dean Wallace B. Donham”
After reading this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Appreciate the fact that environmental degradation cannot be arrested by a single approach alone, as it has multiple dimensions.
- Understand that environment by and large is a no man’s land or every man’s land (common good).
- Identify the different dimensions of managing the environment.
- Compare and contrast the urban and rural environmental management issues.
- Explain the concept of tragedy of the commons and internalizing the externalities.
- Conduct a PRA exercise.
The causes ...