ENVIRONMENTAL RISK MANAGEMENT
“The human races prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenseless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenseless against ourselves
- Identify the extreme weather events that are risks to business firms and people in vulnerable areas.
- Differentiate natural disasters and manmade disasters and understand the coping mechanisms.
- Understand the consequences of tinkering with the natural processes on public health.
- Know about environmental insurance and risk management resources.
- Learn about the management tools to manage the environmental risks and stresses.
On December 26, 2004, a rupture in the 1,300-km-long segment of the Sumatran ...