After reading this chapter, students will be able to:
- Attempt field work.
- Visit a local area to document environment problems in forest, grassland, hill or mountain.
- Visit a local polluted site in an urban, rural, industrial or agricultural environment.
- Study common plants, insects and birds.
- Study simple ecosystems such as ponds, rivers and hill slopes.
- Demonstrate a few experiments.
Human actions are always changing the environment they live in. Man loves nature aesthetically, he wants to exploit it gainfully and also retain its beauties and bounties for his successors. We study our nature and environment knowingly or unknowingly, by observing it through travel, sports, sightseeing, ...