“There is no indispensable Man”
A. Things to Know
• Managers need to have numerous communications competencies to succeed
• The required competencies continue to grow. For example: How to communicate with a diverse workforce, how to use gender fair language, how to avoid saying things that constitute sexual harassment, and how to use the new technology
• The following list includes most of the communication knowledge and skills that today’s managers need to communicate effectively with individuals and groups on-the-job:
1. Being both accessible and approachable
2. Knowing, understanding, and adhering to legal ...