SILVERLIGHT 3 ADDS new effects including blur, drop shadow, and custom pixel shaders. For example, you can apply a drop shadow to some text, a blur to simulate motion blur, or create a custom water effect.
This chapter will describe the following:
• The Silverlight effect design principles
• How to use built-in effects
• How to define custom pixel-based effects
• How Silverlight effects work “under the hood”
The design principles of Silverlight effects include the following:
• Good performance for real-time animation
• Basic built-in effects
Silverlight 3 introduces a pixel shader API (application programming interface) tuned for real-time scenarios such as the use of custom effects with animation. ...