Continuous Random Variables
• Define continuous random variables and the probability density function
• Discuss similarities between discrete and continuous random variables
• Introduce the uniform, exponential, normal, and other common continuous distributions
• Introduce joint distributions
• Present the central limit theorem
• Discuss approximation techniques
Chapter 2 dealt with discrete random variables, which have a finite or countable range. This chapter deals with continuous random variables, which do not have a countable range. Discrete and continuous random variables share many of the same concepts. Both are functions that associate a real number with each outcome of a random experiment. ...