When it comes to digitally recording and storing valuable information, no other technology can match the strength of security of the blockchain. Blockchain’s distributed-ledger technology offers near immutable record keeping for transactions of all kinds, including legal contracts, property deeds, registrations, financial matters, birth certificates and other personal information, municipal archives, important business data, or any other types of activity for which inviolable records must be maintained. Of course, most people associate blockchain with cryptocurrency, but this fascinating technology is capable of much, much more. Ethereum represents the second-generation in the public blockchain, In addition to offering its own cryptocurrency (Ether) Ethereum’s second-generation architecture allows it to manage many other types of assets.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- Understand the structure of the Ethereum Blockchain
- Learn blockchain cryptography through hands-on exercises
- Learn how to model and build DApps via step-by-step projects
- How to design and build Ethereum Smart Contracts
- Understand common Smart Contract patterns like access restriction and state machine
- Understand how Ethereum manages assets such as cryptocurrencies, and other assets
- Use your knowledge of Ethereum to solve real-life problems
This course is for you because…
- You're a data administrator and want to learn how blockchain technology and Ethereum can safeguard your record keeping
- You want to learn about cryptography algorithms and encryption techniques
- You're a security engineer who wants to learn how to model and develop DApps
- You want to pursue a career as a blockchain security specialist, blockchain Ethereum developer or blockchain hyperledger developer
- You want to build subject matter expertise in the theory and use of Ethereum and other blockchain networks
- Basic understanding of using blockchain
Materials or downloads needed in advance:
- Comprehensive Blockchain Ethereum Developer Guide from Beginner to Advance Level: This article lists two series of tutorials for building two blockchain applications step by step in Ethereum using Solidity and Truffle.
- Introduction to Ethereum Blockchain Development with DApps and Ethereum VM: This tutorial shows you how to build DApps and run and test them via Ethereum Virtual Machine.
- Building Enterprise Blockchain-as-a-Service Applications Using Ethereum and Quorum: This tutorial shows you how to build enterprise-level permissioned blockchain applications for Fintech and banks using Quorum and Ethereum.
- Deploying and Calling Ethereum Smart Contracts on Hyperledger Burrow: This tutorial shows you step by step how to connect Ethereum blockchain applications with Hyperledger Fabric via Hyperledger Burrow.
- Working with web3js API and JSON to Build Ethereum Blockchain Applications: This tutorial shows you how to exploit the Web3.JS API in Ethereum blockchain applications step-by-step. It also shows you how to use Solidity programming in conjunction with Web3.JS API.
- Comprehensive overview and analysis of blockchain use cases in many industries: This article first talks about popular blockchain use cases across industries, including financial, civil services, supply chain, IoT, and health care. It proceeds to a discussion of factors for consideration, before determining proper use cases and developing a successful DApp.
- Blockchain Quick Start Guide: A beginner's guide to developing enterprise-grade decentralized applications (book)
- Blockchain By Example: A developer's guide to creating decentralized applications using Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger (book)
Table of contents
- Title: Ethereum Fundamentals
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920327882
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Building Ethereum Dapps
Building Ethereum Dapps teaches Dapps development on the Ethereum blockchain platform. You’ll begin with a mental …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …