The fun and easy guide to using Evernote for everything that's noteworthy
Voicemail, email, things to do, things to get, people you know, places you've been, places to be... Who can remember it all? You can, with Evernote. Evernote is a free suite of software and services that makes it easy to remember things big and small using your computer, phone, tablet, and the web. If you can see it or think of it, Evernote can help you remember it. Type a text note. Clip a web page. Snap a photo. Grab a screenshot. Evernote makes it easy to keep track of it all, and Evernote For Dummies makes Evernote even easier.
Written in the fun and informative For Dummies style, Evernote For Dummies introduces you to the key features of Evernote, from getting started and opening your own Evernote account to the essentials of capturing information and creating a simple text note. The book shows you how to capture everything—clip a web page, create a voice note, scan a note, even capture a note from a picture. Author David Sarna reveals the secrets of letting Evernote help you organize all your information including how to synchronize; import,export, and merge notes; and store to-do lists, business cards, even items from Facebook and Twitter—plus find it all superfast. Evernote For Dummies makes it easy to use Evernote everyday.
Explains how to download and install Evernote on all your devices, open an account, create notes, clip a web page, save a photo, grab a screenshot, even collect items from social media like Facebook and Twitter
Shares tips on organizing your information by using tags or different notebooks, and on finding what you need—even printed and handwritten text inside images—fast
Includes advice on enhancing Evernote with third-party applications, troubleshooting common problems, and more
Unless you're an elephant who never forgets, you'll want to remember Evernote For Dummies, the most useful guide to the program that remembers it for you.
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Part I: Starting Evernote
- Part II: Increasing Your Reach
Part III: Managing Information
- Chapter 7: Customizing Evernote at Home and Away
- Chapter 8: Categorizing, Finding, Sorting, and Securing Information
- Chapter 9: Synchronizing Notes
- Chapter 10: Sharing Notes and Notebooks
- Chapter 11: Exporting, Importing, and Encrypting Notes
- Chapter 12: Moving from Other Products and Interfacing with Your World
- Chapter 13: Troubleshooting Problems
- Part IV: Just For You - Device-Specific Features
- Part V: Expanding Your Skills
- Part VI: Adding Professional Power
- Part VII: The Part of Tens
- Cheat Sheet
- Title: Evernote For Dummies
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118237304