CHAPTER 18: CONDUCTING PERFORMANCE REVIEWS FOR AGILE TEAMS
Understanding the best way to structure performance reviews for Agile teams requires a quick look back at why organizations conduct performance reviews in the first place.
Beyond the human resources mandate that performance reviews must be conducted for each member of your staff, is the opportunity for these reviews to:
• Acknowledge the positive contributions that the employee has made to the organization
• Identify and address potential areas for improvement
• Reward the employee, based on their performance (e.g. give merit-based bonuses)
• Encourage employee feedback on management and/or the organization overall
• Be documented for recordkeeping, reference and legal purposes. ...