Let evidence guide your training.
Your training is much more effective when your methods are based on evidence. In this third edition of Evidence-Based Training Methods, Ruth Colvin Clark offers concrete training guidance as she connects research to practice. This book is rich with examples of how research enhances training, and with it as your guide, you can incorporate evidence and learning psychology into your program design, development, and delivery decisions.
New in this edition, Clark examines research on feedback with application tips for training as well as on using animations in critical thinking exercises. Games have also inspired a great deal of recent research, leading to updated information about which ones are effective and why. Ultimately, Clark advises focusing on instructional methods that are relatively inexpensive to implement and offers simple, effective changes.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Preface: Why Evidence-Based Training Methods, Third Edition?
- Part 1: Evidence-Based Practice and Learning
- Part 2: Evidence-Based Use of Graphics, Text, and Audio
- Part 3: Evidence-Based Use of Examples and Practice
- Part 4: Evidence-Based Lessons and Games
- Part 5: Evidence-Based Principles of Instruction
- Appendix: A Synopsis of Evidence-Based Instructional Methods
- About the Author
- Back Cover
- Title: Evidence-Based Training Methods
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781949036572
You might also like
ASTD Handbook: The Definitive Reference for Training & Development (2nd Edition)
In today’s parlance, smart board is the new chalkboard and for the profession of training and …
Mastering the Instructional Design Process
A comprehensive framework for effective real-world instructional design Mastering the Instructional Design Process provides step-by-step guidance …
Technical Training Management - Commercial skills aligned to the provision of successful training outcomes
Wih technical skills in ever increasing demand and software updates coming thick and fast, the need …
Design for How People Learn, Second Edition
Products, technologies, and workplaces change so quickly today that everyone is continually learning. Many of us …