Many regard FinTech as another example of technological disruption, but FinTech solutions need to integrate with existing systems in the financial industry, not replace them. As this report explains, "integration" between emerging technology and the entrenched financial services infrastructure is an ongoing challenge. There is much progress, but many hurdles remain.
Through interviews with financial, technology, and legal experts, author Mike Barlow explores efforts to make financial services platforms more developer-friendly. Many software architects see modular software based on microservices and service-oriented architecture (SOA) as the way forward, but the financial industry’s regulatory environment is a significant barrier to overcome.
Download this report and learn how FinTech startups are creating novel types of business models in Africa and Asia, where there are far fewer traditional banks, and in Europe and the US, where financial institutions generally avoid the market for small business loans.
Table of contents
Evolving Architectures of FinTech
- Rapid Evolution and Broad Commercial Impact
- Building Better Platforms
- Enabling Consumers Across Networks
- Byzantine Complexities and Myriad Possibilities
- Banks Won’t Disappear; They’ll Evolve
- What SOA and Microservices Bring to the Party
- Developer-Friendly APIs
- Agility and Integration Through Modularity
- Nibbling Around the Edges of Legacy Architectures
- Going Where Banks Fear to Tread
- Will Blockchain Change Everything?
- Governance Matters
- Mutual Understanding and Better Communication
- Title: Evolving Architectures of FinTech
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491967768
You might also like
The future of banking is already here — are you ready? Bank 4.0 explores the radical …
Fintech and the Remaking of Financial Institutions
FinTech and the Remaking of Financial Institution s explores the transformative potential of new entrants and …
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
A Guide to Financial Regulation for Fintech Entrepreneurs
The Fintech Entrepreneur’s Guide to Regulation and Regulatory Strategy Fintech has been growing dramatically over the …