4. Formatting Sheets and Cells
In This Chapter
• Add icons in cells to represent their value with an image.
• Quickly copy a format from one range to another.
• Switch between number formats.
• Create your own custom number format.
Now that you have your data on a sheet, you need to format it so that it’s easy to decipher and readers can quickly make sense of it. From simple font formatting, wrapping text, and merging cells to placing icons in cells so it’s obvious how one number compares with another, Excel has the tools you need to make reports visually interesting.
Adjusting Row Heights and Column Widths
If you can’t see all the data you enter in a cell or the data in a column doesn’t use up very much of the column width, you can adjust ...