5. Using Formulas
In This Chapter
• Learn how to enter a formula into a cell.
• Simplify formulas by using Names to refer to ranges instead of cell addresses.
• Use absolute and relative referencing properly to copy formulas to other cells instead of retyping them.
• Convert formulas to values.
• Troubleshoot formula issues.
Excel is great for simple data entry, but its real strength is its capability to perform calculations. After you design a sheet to perform calculations, you can easily change the data and watch Excel instantly recalculate. This chapter not only shows you how to enter a formula, but also teaches you fundamental basics, such as the difference between absolute and relative referencing, which is important when you want to copy ...