7. Sorting Data
In This Chapter
• Sort data with one click.
• Sort using a custom, nonalphabetical order.
• Sort by color or icon.
• Rearrange columns with a few clicks of the mouse and keyboard.
This chapter shows you the various ways you can sort your data, even by color. Sorting data is a significant capability in Excel, allowing you to view data from least to greatest, greatest to least, by color, or even by your own customized sort listing.
Your data should adhere to a few basic formatting guidelines to make the most of Excel’s sorting capabilities:
• There should be no blank rows or columns. The occasional blank cell is acceptable.
• Every column should have a header.
• Headers should be in only one row.
If these guidelines ...