Greetings, prospective Excel programmer… .
Thanks for buying my book. I think you’ll find that it offers a fast, enjoyable way to discover the ins and outs of Microsoft Excel programming. Even if you don’t have the foggiest idea of what programming is all about, this book can help you make Excel jump through hoops in no time. (Well, it will take some time.)
Unlike most programming books, this one is written in plain English, and even normal people can understand it. Even better, it’s filled with information of the “just the facts, ma’am” variety — not the drivel you might need once every third lifetime.
About this Book
Go to any large bookstore (in-person or online), and you’ll find many Excel books (far too many, as far as I’m concerned). A quick overview can help you decide whether this book is really right for you. This book
- Is designed for intermediate to advanced Excel users who want to get up to speed with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming.
- Requires no previous programming experience.
- Covers the most commonly used commands.
- Is appropriate for Excel 2013 or Excel 2016.
- Just might make you crack a smile occasionally.
If you’re using Excel 2000, XP, or 2003, this book is not for you. If you’re using Excel 2007 or 2010, it might be okay, but some things have changed. You'd probably be better off with the previous edition.
Oh, yeah — this is not an introductory Excel book. If you’re looking for a general-purpose Excel book, check out either of the ...