- The data exists beyond the execution of programs that use it, and is meant to be used by many different programs.
- The data is stored in a way that makes it easier/faster to explore. For example:
- The input data of the problem is modeled as one or more series of domains, or types, of data.
- The concrete data is modeled as having components of several domains, establishing relationships between the application's data and the domains identified.
- The problem is solved by issuing queries over the data.
25.2 A Program in this Style
1 #!/usr/bin/env python
2 import sys, re, string, sqlite3, os.path ...