Book descriptionOpen Space Technology (OST) is an effective, economical, fast, and easily repeatable strategy for organizing meetings of between 5 and 1,000 participants. First developed in 1984, it has now been used around the world with all types of organizations including corporations, community groups, government agencies, schools, and churches.
OST produces better meetings and helps groups achieve such organizational goals as self-managed work groups, distributed leadership, and utilizing diversity quickly and without training.
In Expanding Our Now, OST creator Harrison Owen offers numerous examples to illustrate the evolution of OST and explores what it is, how it developed as a process for meeting management, and how and why it works all over the world, for groups of all sizes dealing with a vast range of issues. Owen shows how OST can move organizations to higher levels of performance, without elaborate training or professional facilitators.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter I: East Meets West
Chapter II: Open Space Discovered
- Metaphysical Management and Open Space Technology
- Inspiration for Open Space
- I Believe I’ve Got It!
- Engines of Open Space: Passion and Responsibility
- Four Principles and One Law
- The Law of Two Feet—Personal Freedom and Responsibility
- Indications and Contraindications for Use
- Open Space as a Journey
- Critical Elements of Open Space
- Chapter III: Open Space on the Loose: The Now Grows
- Chapter IV: What on Earth Is Going On?
- Chapter V: Chaos and Order
- Chapter VI: Giving the Power Away: The Hero/Heroine’s Journey
- Chapter VII: What Next?
- Chapter VIII: Expanding Our Now: A Journey to Wholeness
Open Space Print and Video Resources from Harrison Owen
- Spirit: Transformation and Development in Organizations
- Leadership Is
- Riding the Tiger: Doing Business in a Transforming World
- The Millennium Organization
- Tales From Open Space (edited by Harrison Owen)
- Expanding Our Now: The Story of Open Space Technology
- Learning in Open Space (thirty-minute video)
- The Open Space Institutes in the United States and Canada
- About the Author
- Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- Title: Expanding Our Now
- Release date: September 1997
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605096230
You might also like
Managing the Matrix: The Secret to Surviving and Thriving in Your Organization
A comprehensive guide to excelling in a complex matrix organization Debra was not in a good …
Higher Order Basis Based Integral Equation Solver (HOBBIES)
The latest in parallel EM solutions with both in-core and out-of-core solvers The solution of complex …
Grow Your Own Leaders: How to Identify, Develop, and Retain Leadership Talent
Today's enterprises face a profound leadership crisis - and the speed of business has far outstripped …
Commercial Communication in the Digital Age
In today’s digital age, online and mobile advertising are of growing importance, with advertising no longer …