Enterprise Manager 12c (EM12c), Oracle's newest and fully-integrated enterprise management product, now provides a complete cloud lifecycle management solution and enterprise environment management interface. Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c opens up the secrets of this incredible management tool, saving you time while enhancing your visibility as someone management can rely upon to deliver reliable database service in today's increasingly chaotic and change-driven IT environment.
Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c covers all the topics you demand and need to function effectively, from basic monitoring and configuration to advanced metric extensions and plugins. Real-life scenarios and demonstrations place you in the comfort zone of using the EM12c console, and the experienced author team provides deep understanding of the inner workings of this new Enterprise Manager.
Database administrators and system administrators are expected to offer increasing levels of service for 24X7 systems and newer cloud environments. Em12c offers robust, end-to-end intelligent management of the complete environment. It includes direct, real-time integration with Oracle's online knowledgebase. Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c helps you master this important tool and manage any challenge that comes your way.
Provides example solutions to everyday problems through EM12c features.
Explains the changes in EM12c, included trusted extensions.
Focuses on advanced aspects of the EM12c interface.
What you'll learn
Installation and agent employment
Patching and provisioning
Advanced techniques for managing and monitoring
Use of EM12c in cloud environments, with RAC, and for Exadata
Creation of EM12c plugins and metric extensions
High-availability and disaster-recovery options with EM12c
Incident Manager and EM12c job management
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is for database administrators who are ready to upgrade, or who have already upgraded to Enterprise Manager 12c. The book also appeals to system administrators who may have responsibility for helping support Oracle Database environments - including RAC and Exadata - at the enterprise level.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Architecture
- CHAPTER 2: Installation and Agent Deployment
- CHAPTER 3: Management of the OMS and Repository
- CHAPTER 4: Interacting with the EM12c Console
- CHAPTER 5: Cloud Lifecycle Management
- CHAPTER 6: Software Library, Patching, and Provisioning
- CHAPTER 7: Managing and Monitoring Best Practices
- CHAPTER 8: Managing Engineered Systems
- CHAPTER 9: Performance Pages and ASH Analytics
- CHAPTER 10: Metric Extensions and Management Plug-ins
CHAPTER 11: Enterprise Manager Jobs
- Why Use EM12c Jobs
- Enterprise Manager Job Architecture
- EM Job System Components
- EM Job Schema
- Job Creation
- Types of Jobs
- Effective Monitoring and Job Status
- EM Jobs Service Charts and Metrics
- Migrating Scripts to the EM Job System
- Managing EM12c Jobs
- Managing the Manager
- Troubleshooting the EM12c Job System
- Blackouts and EM12c Job Impact
- Controlling Multiple Management Agents Through EM Jobs
- CHAPTER 12: Incident Management
- CHAPTER 13: High Availability, Backup, and Recovery
- Title: Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430249382