Exporting Essentials: Selling Products and Services to the World Successfully is for entrepreneurs and small business owners—the makers, movers, and shakers in our world—interested in taking their businesses to the next level of growth through exports. This short, hard-hitting book covers just the essentials, providing the tools you need to tap new markets. And it couldn't be more timely.
In the old days, creating an international business was left to relatively few--those with the wherewithal to move boatloads of goods into foreign countries. But now, thanks to the Internet, businesses of all sizes have a huge new opportunity to sell both goods and services globally. Yet only 1% of all U.S. businesses export. Why?
Typically, exporting begins with unsolicited inquiries from foreign customers on the web via email, website, blog, or posting on a Facebook page. People outside your country want your product, and they want it now. The problem is that most small business owners do not know how to service these inquiries. What's the best way to ship goods? Do I need a license? Should I sell through wholesalers in specific countries or directly to consumers? How will I get paid?
Help is here—Exporting Essentials, an abridged version of the author's Exporting: The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably, equips you with the knowledge you need to sell and fulfill orders internationally. It also imparts a can-do spirit on exporting, leading to greater revenues, stability, and profitability for your business. Exporting Essentials: Selling Products and Services to the World Successfully:
With 70 percent of global buying power lying outside U.S. borders, exporting is not just an option for ambitious entrepreneurs—it’s an absolute must for building and sustaining a successful future.
Table of contents
- Apress Business: The Unbiased Source of Business Information
- Author Note
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Are You Ready to Export?
- Chapter 2: Writing an Export Business Plan
- Chapter 3: Prepping For Exports
- Chapter 4: Exploring Your Territory
- Chapter 5: Preparing and Adapting Your Product for the Export Marketplace
- Chapter 6: Preparing Your Service for Export
- Chapter 7: Finding Cross-Border Customers
- Chapter 8: Methods of Exporting
- Chapter 9: Transport, Logistics, and Fulfillment Options
- Chapter 10: Pricing and Preparing Quotations
- Chapter 11: Getting Paid
- Chapter 12: Booking, Marking, Labeling, and Insuring
- Chapter 13: Documentation, Export Licensing, and Other Procedures
- Other Apress Business Titles You Will Find Useful
- Title: Exporting Essentials: Selling Products and Services to the World Successfully
- Release date: November 2014
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484208359
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …