Chapter 2. Your First Express App
This chapter is about understanding the core structural and functional aspects of an Express app. We will start with a very basic app and proceed to make it gradually more complex by introducing the components of a relatively advanced Express app one after another.
This chapter is essential to develop a very good understanding of what an Express app is made up of, and how it works.
You will learn the following in this chapter:
- How to create a very basic Express app
- How to define basic routes and handle them
- How to use views
- How to use middleware
- How to include Node modules in the app
- How to log requests to the app
- How to configure the app
- How to run the app in different ...