Chapter 11. Taking root with trees
This chapter covers
- Dissecting the TreePanel widget
- Rendering in-memory data with TreePanels
- Implementing a remote-loading data TreePanel
- Adding a custom ContextMenu to TreePanel nodes
- Exercising full CRUD lifecycle for nodes
- Using a TreeEditor to edit node data
I can recall the first time I was tasked to create an application with what was known then as a TreeView. I had to allow for the navigation directory in a filesystem, which required that I allow users to modify the filenames easily. I was lucky that I had Ext JS in my toolbox to aid me in my task. Using the framework not only made things easier, but it also sped up the development time of this task dramatically.
In this chapter, you’ll learn ...