Build your own projects on VR / AR and MR apps with 3D game development.
About This Video
- Start creating applications using the industry's leading tools such as PlayCanvas, HoloLens, and Google Cardboard
- Prepare for the future: get hands-on developing applications using the most popular game engines for web and native platforms
- Add a flavor of reality to your projects by using mixed-reality voice and gesture interaction on Hololens.
The latest CNBC report suggests that starting salaries for VR and AR developers range from $40,000 to $80,000 a year. The mixed reality market is full of opportunities but finding developers with these skills is a challenge since the industry is still embryonic. If you want to successfully enter the industry, this is the right time to join the AR and VR movement.
This course is your chance to benefit from this opportunity by working with these technologies and transforming the way we see and interact with the World. Extended Reality is an umbrella term used for AR, VR, and MR. This course gives you exposure to the Extended Reality world and helps you understand the subtle difference between Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality. Not only this, you'll build a solid foundation by developing applications using the most popular game engines for web and native platforms. By the end of the course, you'll have created your own projects on these platforms and will be ready for the future. Start learning today!
Code for this code can be found at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Extended-Reality-XR---Building-AR-VR-MR-Projects
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Extended Reality
- Chapter 2 : Bringing AR to Your Web Browsers using PlayCanvas
- Chapter 3 : Creating Complex AR Apps using iOS ARKit
- Chapter 4 : Creating VR Experiences and Visualize in Google Cardboard or Daydream
Chapter 5 : Controlling the Virtual Environment with HTC Vive Controllers
- Setting up HTC Vive on Windows 00:05:21
- Importing Steam VR and VRTK Packages in Unity 00:04:37
- Picking 3D objects with Vive Controllers Using VRTK 00:18:04
- Creating a VR Maze in Unity 00:14:20
- Creating a Navmesh in Unity 00:12:46
- Navigating through the Maze Using Teleportation 00:14:48
- Adding Haptic Feedback and Deploying VR Maze in HTC Vive 00:16:13
Chapter 6 : Mixed Reality with Microsoft Hololens
- Setting Up Machine for Microsoft Hololens 00:03:46
- Using Hololens Device Portal for Sharing Your Hololens View on Desktop 00:06:12
- Developing 1st Application in Mixed Reality 00:16:39
- Getting a Gaze Cursor on Hologram in Mixed Reality 00:10:43
- Playing Animations Using Gestures 00:12:52
- Deploying Mixed Reality Application on Hololens 00:04:07
- Title: Extended Reality (XR) - Building AR | VR | MR Projects
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838559694
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
Internet of Things (IoT) Fundamentals
15 Hours of Expert Video Instruction Overview By 2020, more than 50 billion “Internet of Things” …
Unity 2020 Virtual Reality Projects - Third Edition
Explore the latest features of Unity and build VR experiences including first-person interactions, audio fireball games, …