Chapter 9. Putting Things Together
In this chapter, we will take a look at a selection of ways in which Jenkins can be extended by combining it with other languages, tools, and software.
In doing so, we will take a look at the following topics:
- Using the Jenkins script console
- Developing with Groovy, Grails, and Gradle
- Jenkins and Docker—Jenkins in Docker and Docker in Jenkins
- Building Android applications with Jenkins
- Building iOS applications with Jenkins
Covering all of these topics in detail is out of the scope of this book, but we will introduce the topics, explain the basic setup, and provide links for further information. This should provide a good enough overview and enable you to get started with using Jenkins with these technologies. Also, ...