Kubernetes use has grown quickly—not simply for convenience or efficiency but for its extensibility and capacity to adapt to any environment. If you’re a software engineer with a working knowledge of Kubernetes, this practical report demonstrates how to extend this container orchestration system to take advantage of all its capabilities. Specifically, you’ll learn how to use work queues, reconciliation loops, controllers, and operators.
Gianluca Arbezzano from InfluxData shows you why Kubernetes is much more than an end application. Extending Kubernetes with its API to implement and automate flows or to gain more visibility into your system more than justifies the system’s cost and complexity. With this report, you’ll learn the right way to use everything it has to offer.
- Make Kubernetes a commodity to achieve stability, security, and a simpler UX
- Learn why Kubernetes extensibility can help you provide a solid user experience
- Explore the Kubernetes API and its software development kits, including the Go SDK
- Create easy but powerful integration using the CRUD client or kubectl plug-ins
- Explore Kubernetes primitives, including shared informers, the work queue, and custom resource definitions
Table of contents
- 1. Kubernetes Extensibility
- 2. Client Side
- 3. Server-Side Extensions and Primitives
- Title: Extending Kubernetes
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492057390
You might also like
Kubernetes for Developers
A developer's field-guide to designing scalable services using Kubernetes About This Book Develop and run your …
Until recently, learning CoreDNS required reading the code or combing through the skimpy documentation on the …
Kubernetes in the Data Center
6+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Kubernetes in the Data Center LiveLessons focuses on using the …
Linux Observability with BPF
Build your expertise in the BPF virtual machine in the Linux kernel with this practical guide …