Before starting to deploy our infrastructure code in the production environment, several important points must be considered:
- The infrastructure code should be fully tested in both test and staging (preproduction) environments.
- Any new service that will extend the OpenStack layout should go through a change management pipeline.
- Make sure that the base production setup is 100% consistent. Fragile components should not exist
- The OpenStack services production setup should be seen as Ansible modules. When you are adding a new module for further service extension, it should be designed integrally and tested independently.
- Design for failure. OpenStack is well architected to keep its components highly available. ...