Facebook started out as a social network for high school and college kids. But now grown-ups like you are getting connected, too–even if you use Facebook much differently than your kids do. If you’re a grown-up looking to join the Facebook bandwagon, Facebook for Grown-Ups is just the guide you need. You’ll learn how to use Facebook to reconnect with old friends and family members and
keep them up-to-date on what’s happening in your life.
Facebook for Grown-Ups shows you how to open a Facebook account, find new friends, post status updates, and share family photos and videos. You’ll learn how to become a fan of your favorite performers, join a business network, and create your own topic-specific groups. And if you’re worried about privacy, Facebook for Grown-Ups shows you how to keep your personal information from becoming public knowledge. You’ll even learn how to keep track of what your kids are doing on Facebook–without them knowing it.
Read this book to discover how grown-ups can take advantage of everything Facebook has to offer. It’s not just for kids anymore!
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Part I. Getting Started with Facebook—and Social Networking
- Part II. Facebook for Friends and Family
- Part III. Keeping in Touch with Facebook
- Part IV. Sharing Your Life on Facebook
Part V. Doing More with Facebook
- Chapter 14. Personalizing Your Profile Page
- Chapter 15. Becoming a Fan
- Chapter 16. Meeting Others in Groups
- Chapter 17. Networking for Business—and for Jobs
- Chapter 18. Networking for Business—and for Jobs
- Chapter 19. Using Facebook on the Go
- Chapter 20. Buying and Selling in the Facebook Marketplace
- Part VI. Basic Facebook Housekeeping Chores
- Title: Facebook for Grown-Ups
- Release date: September 2010
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780132639736