• Getting to know your audience prior to learning and as learning begins
• Paying attention to room setup and the physical environment
• Using your own behavior and style
• Using effective opening activities to set the tone
• Personalizing your facilitation
Getting started on the right foot for a learning event can make a huge difference in how much learning takes place throughout your course. You need to put the learners at ease, learn about them, set the expectation for participation and involvement, and ultimately create a climate that supports and enhances learning.
In an ideal ...