What’s in This Chapter
• Develop a communication plan for the workshop(s)
• Harness managers’ critical access to learners
• Focus on action plans created in the workshops
• Align workshops with additional learning opportunities
• Create an environment of encouragement
Although the term follow-up seems to imply that it happens after the workshops, it actually needs to be planned and developed before. And you may need to recalibrate your definitions of when a workshop starts and ends. To be most effective, a workshop starts well before the participants arrive and continues well after they leave the training room. Don’t wait until after the workshop to focus on these activities. Plan for them as you are planning ...