7 Segmenting customers with advanced metrics
This chapter covers
- Metrics made from ratios of other metrics
- Metrics that measure behavior as a percentage of a total
- Metrics that show how behavior changes over time
- Metric conversions from long periods to short periods, and vice versa
- Metrics for multiuser accounts
- Choice of ratios to use
You’ve learned a lot about understanding churn with metrics derived from events and subscriptions. You’ve seen that simple behavioral measurements can be powerful for segmenting customers who may be at risk for churn and who have different levels of engagement. But you’ve also seen some of the limitations of simple behavioral metrics.
Many simple metrics are correlated, and correlations arise because customers ...
Get Fighting Churn with Data now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.