By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Define and use basic financial terms and concepts.
• Identify the key financial statements and explain their content.
• State the key accounting equations and explain their purposes.
• Describe the different forms of business structure and recognize similarities and differences among them.
• Identify the two types of annual reports and describe how they are communicated to shareholders.
Change is a given in business today, and managers are expected to do more and understand more than they ever had to in the past. How often ...