Practical Tools for Management Decisions
Making the Numbers Work for You
Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Payback period
- Breakeven analysis
- Estimating nonquantifiable benefits and cost
- Tracking performance
THE FIELD OF FINANCE and its accounting base of information provide a rich trove of practical tools that managers can use to assess business situations and to make decisions. These tools can help answer some of the most important questions that will ever come your way:
- What are the costs and benefits of a particular course of action?
- What is the estimated return on a potential investment?
- How long will it take for the company to recoup its investment in a particular project?
- How many ...