Financial Cybersecurity Risk Management explores a range of cybersecurity topics impacting financial enterprises. This includes the threat and vulnerability landscape confronting the financial sector, risk assessment practices and methodologies, and cybersecurity data analytics. Governance perspectives, including executive and board considerations, are analyzed as are the appropriate control measures and executive risk reporting.
What You’ll Learn
- Analyze the threat and vulnerability landscape confronting the financial sector
- Implement effective technology risk assessment practices and methodologies
- Craft strategies to treat observed risks in financial systems
- Improve the effectiveness of enterprise cybersecurity capabilities
- Evaluate critical aspects of cybersecurity governance, including executive and board oversight
- Identify significant cybersecurity operational challenges
- Consider the impact of the cybersecurity mission across the enterprise
- Leverage cybersecurity regulatory and industry standards to help manage financial services risks
- Use cybersecurity scenarios to measure systemic risks in financial systems environments
- Apply key experiences from actual cybersecurity events to develop more robust cybersecurity architectures
Who This Book Is For
Decision makers, cyber leaders, and front-line professionals, including: chief risk officers, operational risk officers, chief information security officers, chief security officers, chief information officers, enterprise risk managers, cybersecurity operations directors, technology and cybersecurity risk analysts, cybersecurity architects and engineers, and compliance officers
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- 1. What Are We Afraid Of?
- 2. Where Are We Vulnerable?
- 3. What Would a Breach Cost Us?
- 4. What Are the Odds?
- 5. What Can We Do?
- 6. How Do I Manage This?
- 7. Should This Involve the Whole Organization?
- 8. How Can We Improve Our Capabilities?
- 9. What Can We Learn From Losses?
- 10. So What’s Next?
- Back Matter
- Title: Financial Cybersecurity Risk Management: Leadership Perspectives and Guidance for Systems and Institutions
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484241943
You might also like
Risk Management Technology in Financial Services
Written for professionals in financial services with responsibility for IT and risk management, Dimitris Chorafas surveys …
Information Risk Management: A practitioner’s guide
Increasingly, organisations rely on information for their day-to-day operations, and the loss or unavailability of information …
Enterprise Risk Management, 2nd Edition
Unlock the incredible potential of enterprise risk management There has been much evolution in terms of …
Managing Risk in Information Systems, 3rd Edition
Revised and updated with the latest data in the field, the Second Edition of Managing Risk …