At the end of this chapter you should be able to:
• understand the economic and social significance of the financial services sector;
• recognise the diverse ways in which financial services can impact on key aspects of everyday life;
• appreciate the risks to the economy of failures in the regulation of financial services;
• appreciate the need to market financial products and services in accordance with the spirit as well as the letter of regulation;
• have an appreciation of the ways in which regulation is responding to the various financial crises that have occurred since 2007.
Product and market context exert a significant influence on ...