At the end of this chapter you should be able to:
• explain the importance of service quality in the marketing of financial services;
• understand the basic principles of the service–profit chain;
• understand the nature of quality in financial services;
• review approaches to the management of service quality;
• understand the importance of service recovery.
The previous chapter highlighted the importance of developing and managing customer relationships and the growing concern with customer retention. One set of factors which might induce customer switching relates to poor service provision. Central to any approach to build and maintain good customer relationships ...