The bestselling classic from the “Sherlock Holmes of Accounting”—updated to reflect key case studies from the past quarter century and the dishonest tactics used to mislead investors.
This fourth edition of the bestselling guide shines a light on the most shocking frauds and financial reporting offenders, and gives investors the tools they need to spot deceptive financial reporting in the global markets. This unparalleled guide provides the investigative tools you need to detect:
* Corporate cultures that incentivize dishonest practices
* The latest tricks companies use to exaggerate revenue and earnings
* Techniques devised by management to manipulate cash flow as easily as earnings
* Companies that use misleading metrics to fool investors about their financial performance
* How companies use acquisitions to hide deterioration in their underlying business
You’ll learn everything you need to know to unearth deceptive reporting and avoid costly mistakes. This new edition focuses on the key case studies from the past quarter century and brings you up to date on accounting chicanery in the global markets. Howard Schilit and his team of renowned forensic accounting experts reveal the most shocking frauds, expose financial reporting miscreants, and unveil the latest methods companies use to mislead investors.