By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the steps involved in developing people.
• Develop and use a new employee orientation plan.
• Develop and use an employee training plan.
• Explain how to ensure training is effective.
• Coach employees to improve their performance.
Steven Reinemund, CEO of PepsiCo, was cited by Business Week (January 10, 2005) as one of the best managers because of his ability to develop people as well as products. The article pointed out how he takes a major role in mentoring and teaching employees and expects other senior managers to do the same. The result is ...